Mergers – Acquisitions
One of the most rapid ways in which a business can grow is to buy another business or company. We have acted for many business owners over the years who have expanded their companies by acquisition.
Foreign companies have instructed us to buy businesses and assets in the United Kingdom on many occasions.
Examples of Mergers and Acquisitions that we have been involved in
- Bought hi-tech materials company for a German client
- Bought a leading display technology business for a US based group
- Bought Milton Keynes based engineering company on behalf of oil industry remediation client. This was a share purchase in circumstances of financial difficulty for the target and therefore implemented at great speed and with carefully tailored due diligence.
- Acted for gaming company in acquisition of 13 site gaming company. Complex due diligence, share sale and purchase agreement and tax deed. Financial assistance procedure carried out. Consideration several £m.
- Represented electrical engineering group in purchase of targets in electrical engineering. Advised and assisted in group security arrangements.
- Acted for International fast moving consumer goods (“FMCG”) group in acquisition of FMCG manufacturer. Negotiating share sale and purchase agreement and tax deed, payment of deferred consideration and sale and leaseback of land.
- Bought three garden centres in simultaneous acquisitions. Negotiated sale and purchase agreement and tax deed. Financial assistance procedure to bring target assets into buyer’s bank’s security net at completion.