Selling a Company or Business
Our Lawyers have decades of experience in guiding individual owners and company groups through the process of selling a business or company. We will help you negotiate the Heads of Terms to help you get the best possible deal. We will then plan a transaction timetable with you so you can have confidence that the process is being managed efficiently. We have the latest technology available to enable due diligence to be processed quickly and can create an on-line deal room where the size and type of transaction warrants this.
If you are planning to sell your company or business come and see us as soon as possible as there are many things that can be done to plan in advance and make the sale proceed more smoothly. Have a look at some of our recent transactions below.
- Sold a sports database company to US based buyers
- Sold a branded car dealership including land and stock
- Acted for shareholders of Builders Merchant in multi-million pound disposal. Dealing with taper relief issues for two shareholders including non-QCB Loan Notes. Negotiated sale and purchase agreement and tax deed. Simultaneous sale back to shareholders of land with leaseback to buyer. Separate land management trust arrangement for future management. Listed company buyer.
- Acted for disposal of successful security company. Represented shareholders and negotiated share sale and purchase agreement and tax deed. Listed company buyer.
- Acted for owners of successful consultancy company in sale of share capital for combined consideration of £22m to a listed company buyer. Negotiated earn-out consideration.
- Sale of two foreign subsidiaries and a UK business to a company based in the EU.
- Sale of engineering company.