Gareth Pobjoy Notary Public
Call Gareth on: 01908 662277
Or send email (in plain text please with no attachments) quoting:
- Your full name
- Company name
- Address and Telephone number to:
Gareth has over 30 years' experience in law, joining the firm in 1979. He specialises in the resolution of commercial disputes, acting for clients in a wide range of industries.
Gareth’s expertise includes advising on employment issues. This covers disciplinary and grievance matters, redundancies, unfair dismissal claims, enforcement of restrictive covenants and many other areas of employment law. He is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
Here are some examples of Gareth's colourful 'case history':
- Acting in a dispute relating to the development of artificial hips.
- Obtaining the release of an ocean-going research vessel arrested in Ireland that was owned by a Russian company and subject to Norwegian charter party.
- Representing a national group of abattoirs in the European Court of Justice, arguing against the legality of meat inspection charges.
- Successfully challenging the Government on the legality of emergency legislation introduced at the time of 'mad cow disease'.
- Gareth also spends a substantial amount of time advising on employment issues and is a member of the Employment Lawyers' Association.
- Acting for a London equity finance company successfully defending a substantial unfair dismissal claim.
- Advising on the closure of factory premises employing over 150 people.
Additionally, Gareth is a Notary Public.
- King Edward VII School, Melton Mowbray.
- College of Law.
Gareth is a family man with a keen interest in sport, actively participating in squash and tennis on the European circuit.