Caroline WiltonPartnerHead of Real Estate, Head of Construction
Caroline gives practical legal advice on a broad range of commercial property and construction matters, based on years of handling complex deals. Caroline is experienced in dealing with the trickier issues that crop up in the building, buying, selling, mortgaging or leasing of property. She takes care that her legal advice is tailored to her client’s specific needs and timescales.
She is a tough defender of her clients’ interests but prefers to use a collaborative approach where possible. Her clients come back time and time again.
Caroline’s real estate clients span all sizes and sectors including multi-site operators in the drinks, hospitality and leisure sectors, property developers with multi-million-pound portfolios, local companies with significant property requirements, contractors and consultants.
“I just wanted to thank you very much for steering us through the transfer. The team are all moved in and settled and we are pleased to have achieved it smoothly. Your sage advice was much appreciated once again!” Director of R Ltd
Some examples of Caroline’s work
- Acting for a developer in a complex multi-million-pound mixed use site acquisition and construction project involving a third-party funder, long leasehold investor and a housing association.
- Drafting and negotiating amendments to a JCT design and build contract and associated documentation for the multimillion-pound refurbishment of a Central London headquarters.
- Negotiating three simultaneous lease renewals on behalf of a tenant following service of s25 notices, including the negotiation of extensions of time and significant concessions in the new lease terms.
- Acting for buyers of portfolio acquisitions (funded and non-funded) of buy to let freehold and leasehold properties.
- Acting for the buyer of a substantial freehold property with complex overage clauses.
- Acting for the buyer of development sites for subsequent residential development.
- Negotiating a multi-million-pound freehold residential development agreement on behalf of the buyer.
- Acting for a drinks, hospitality and leisure group in a restructuring of its portfolio.
- Heading the property team in a corporate acquisition of a hotel development.
Caroline has a law degree from Bristol University and completed her Legal Practice Course at the University of Law.
Caroline qualified as a solicitor in 1989.
It’s not all about work
Caroline enjoys cycling and eating chocolate. She is a nitrox qualified advanced scuba diver and has been told that her vegetarian stuffing recipe is great by a Nobel Peace Prize winner.