Gina KheraSenior Associate SolicitorLitigation and Wills, Trusts & Probate
Gina is very much client focused, tenacious, and driven to achieve the best possible results for her clients. Historically having acted primarily for companies, Gina is just at ease advising individuals and as such her practice spans advising both.
Gina has over 15 years’ experience working predominantly for large companies and the health care sector. Her work as a litigation solicitor involves representing both claimants and defendants and she is experienced in a wide range of contentious work including inter alia representing and defending large companies against legal disputes, individuals seeking debt recovery against an organisation, possession proceedings, enforcement, professional negligence, boardroom and shareholder disputes.
For individuals, Gina specialises in contentious probate and trust disputes. As a part qualified STEP member, Gina also advises on the full breadth of private client work including Wills, trusts, administration of estates, tax, elderly client advice, powers of attorney, Court of Protection and mental capacity assessments. Utilising her background in accounting and finance has proved most beneficial for her client when advising on estate planning advice.
Gina is friendly, approachable and will work with her clients to find the best and most pragmatic solution to their legal issues.
“Gina has been great to work with on our case. She’s particularly good with communication and with keeping everyone in the loop as progress is made. Highly motivated and pro-active, Gina combines her strong professional legal training with a personal commitment to doing the best for her clients and we’re very grateful for everything she has achieved for us." Mr B. J
Some examples of Gina’s work
- Successfully defending a £500,000 breach of duty claim against a company director.
- Successfully pursuing a claim against a company director for breach of duties and negotiating a favourable settlement to achieve a clean break.
- Pursuing a large London based gallery for an outstanding debt of almost £50,000 on behalf of a reputable and well-known artist.
- Defending a large organisation against a variety of legal cases to include employee claims, public liability claims including fraudulent claims. These claims range in value up to a million pounds plus.
- Various successes in acting on behalf of landlords and successfully evicting tenants and recovering all outstanding debt (often via enforcement procedures).
- High value complex contentious probate dispute involving the post-death assessment of testamentary capacity due to insane delusions and proprietary estoppel (constructive trusts).
- Successfully pursuing a constructive trust claim against trustees failing to transfer assets to the rightful beneficial owner of the trust property.
Gina has a degree in Accounting and Finance from the Nottingham Business School.
Gina also has a Post Graduate Diploma in Law and completed her Legal Practice Course at Leeds Metropolitan University.
Gina qualified as a solicitor in 2006.
Gina is an Associate Member of the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners and is studying for her STEP Diploma.
Gina is also able to offer advice to clients whose first language is Punjabi.
It’s not all about work
Gina enjoys spending time with her family and especially trips to the zoo! She also enjoys cooking, going to the theatre and travelling. Having previously worked as a Fitness Motivator for two national gyms, Gina is also a fitness enthusiast.