Who we are
Heald Solicitors LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC363895. Our registered office and operating address is at Artemis House, 4 Bramley Road, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT, United Kingdom. We are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under number 559621.
The personal data we collect and use
In order to enable us to assist with any enquiry you send to us, we collect the following personal data when you provide it to us:·
- Your name, your email address and your telephone number
- Any other information you provide to us when requesting our services
- Your IP address, your preferences and use of email updates
- Data recorded by the Website which allows us to recognise you and your preferred settings
- Your browser can be programmed to reject cookies or warn you before downloading them
- If you disable cookies it may affect the service you obtain from the Website
- When you use the Website our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website.
How we use your personal data
We use your personal data to contact you to discuss whether we can assist you with your enquiry. We use personal data to enable us to provide legal services including advising and acting on behalf of our clients.
Who we share your personal data with
We will share personal data with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
If you decide not to engage our services, we will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal data will be kept
Justification for use of your personal data
Under the GDPR you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data which we hold
- require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations
- receive personal data concerning you which you have provided to us and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain situations.
- object at any time to processing of personal data concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you· object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal data
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals’ rights under the GDPR.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to our Data Protection Officer
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
We will delete your proof of identity once we have dealt with your request.
Keeping your personal information secure
We comply with the requirements of the Cyber Essentials Scheme.
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. Those processing your personal data will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
How to complain
We hope that our Data Protection Officer can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your personal data.
The GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
How to contact us
If you wish to contact our Data Protection Officer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, write to Heald Solicitors, Artemis House, 4 Bramley Road, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT, United Kingdom or call 01908 662277.