Price Guide | Heald Solicitors
Probate - Grant Only Service Heald's Price Guide for Grant Only Service
The Grant Only service is mainly used by executors dealing with straightforward estates. This service may be for you, but you may need a little additional support and guidance, without a full estate administration, then we can offer that too.
We will always indicate anticipated fees, based on what you ask us to do and the hourly rate of the fee earner working for you.
We can apply for the Grant for you within 1-4 weeks of you providing us with everything we need. Thereafter the court may take 1-6 months depending on their workload, the complexity and the urgency of the application.
What is involved?
- You provide us with a death certificate, a definitive list of all assets and all of the debts and the original will (or sign a statement confirming that you believe there is no will).
- We prepare the probate application papers for you, to include the relevant inheritance Tax return (this depends on the circumstances of the estate).
- We either den you the papers, or we meet and go through them with you.
- You swear your oath and return the sworn papers to us.
- We apply to the Probate Registry for the grant and, once received, we send sealed copies to you, and you deal with the estate.
- That is ALL we do; we don’t contact anyone else, prepare estate accounts, pay legacies or collect or distribute assets, but it can be a helpful service.
Our Rates and Fees
- Grant Only Service£1,200(£1000 + VAT)
- Probate Application Fee£273(No VAT)
- Copy Grants (each)£1.50(No VAT)