Shabnum HussainPartnerReal Estate
Having worked in a global law firm for 15 years before joining Heald Solicitors, Shabnum has been exposed to a wide variety of complex property transactions and developed the ability to work under pressure. She works collaboratively with colleagues across the firm to provide her clients with seamless, practical and proactive advice in a timely manner.
Shabnum is valued by her clients for offering tailored commercial property advice and getting the job done.
“Shabnum is an extremely intelligent, reliable, and personable professional. For the past several years, she has successfully guided Showcase Cinemas through numerous challenging transactions and legal issues. She is, in every sense of the word, a vital member of our team.” Shawn Sullivan, Senior Vice President Real Estate and US & International Business and Legal Affairs at National Amusements
Some examples of Shabnum’s work
- Acted on £19,000,000 sale of a cinema complex in London involving conditional contract, transfer with restrictive covenants, opinion letters and dealing with planning considerations.
- Acted for craft beer merchants on numerous lease transactions involving agreeing lease, rent deposit deed and licence to alter.
- Acted on various freehold land purchases for land developers involving conditional contract (including overage) and planning agreement and following the construction of a mixed use development acted on the commercial lettings.
- Acted for developers on the refinancing of existing property portfolios involving legal charges, debentures, and redemptions of existing charges.
- Acting on the grant of a lease to an anchor retail tenant at Brackley involving agreement for construction and lease, lease, licence to alter.
Shabnum has a law degree and a Master of Laws in International Economic Law both from the University of Warwick.
Shabnum completed her Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School and qualified as a solicitor in 2001.
It’s not all about work
Outside of the office, Shabnum enjoys cooking, going to the theatre, hill walking, and spending time with her husband and three children.