David DeesDirectorCorporate & Commercial
David helps business owners and entrepreneurs minimise the risk and maximise the benefit of being in business. Through his wide experience in corporate and commercial law David guides his clients on matters such as how to buy or sell a business, how to get new shareholders and investors into their businesses and how to exploit and protect their intellectual property.
He is well known for his clarity and patience and advises his clients on how to achieve their objectives and provides them with clear agreements. David gives advice that is both legally accurate but also commercially astute. David’s style is to listen carefully to the client and collaborate with all parties to achieve the client’s aims.
David has clients that return to him year after year for advice and assistance on different areas of commercial and corporate law. He is a keen educator and enjoys presenting and holding workshops.
“Thank you for all your help in assisting John to buy his first business. Despite a short timeline you managed to not only deal with the technical side of sorting out the purchase agreement and the property lease but also the excellence of your ‘bedside manner’ gave John the care, advice and help that a novice entrepreneur needed” Jonathan Vowles, JVCA
Some examples of David’s work
- Acted for a dozen shareholders of a group of companies in a sale of the whole group to a listed buyer.
- Acted for the sale of a family-owned company to a German buyer.
- Acted for the owners of a high-tech engineering company to investors.
- Acting in relation to a company refinancing.
- Drafting, reviewing, and amending contracts for a variety of organisations.
- Providing GDPR advice to companies.
- David has a Bachelor of Civil Law and Masters from Oxford University.
- David was called to the Bar as a barrister in 1985 and qualified as a solicitor in 1991.
It’s not all about work
David enjoys being outside and if he is not on a golf course, he is up the side of a very large mountain rock climbing.