Keshini RajendraPartnerFamily Law
Keshini undertakes all aspects of Family Law and is experienced in dealing with complex financial matters for high net-worth clients. She is also passionate about working on family cases with an international element and has had successful outcomes in Children Matters where there has been a cross-jurisdictional issue.
She has 20 years’ experience in all aspects of Divorce, Judicial Separation, Civil Partnership Dissolution including financial matters arising from the separation between spouses, civil partners and cohabitees and all matters relating to children, including Child Arrangements and relocation issues. She also advises on Domestic Violence, including the obtaining of Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders, Pre and Post Nuptial Agreements and Cohabitation Agreements.
As a member of Resolution, Keshini adopts their principles and guidelines to help achieve a constructive resolution for her family clients. However, she is robust and strategic in cases where her clients will not otherwise be served justice.
“I am dedicated to giving my clients access to justice and guiding them through the legal process. I am passionate about helping my clients see the bigger picture so they can envision a better life for themselves and their family in future.” Keshini Rajendra
Some examples of Keshini’s work
- Settled a complex high value case before the final hearing, through rigorous negotiations with the other side’s solicitors.
- Obtained a ‘without notice’ non-molestation Order which also prevented the other parent from entering the child’s school. The Order was granted on the same day due to us presenting sufficient evidence of the risk of harm.
- Was successful in a cross-application for an Occupation Order, where one party made an unmeritorious application against our client. Costs were ordered against the other side.
- Successfully enforced pension Orders and obtained a costs Order against the other party.
- With a degree in Law and a post-graduate diploma in Legal Practice, Keshini qualified as a solicitor in 2001.
- Keshini has completed the first part of a Diploma in Counselling and is currently in the process of concluding the Advanced Counselling Skills Course. She believes her background in counselling enables her to empathise more effectively with her clients and helps them come to terms with difficult circumstances.
- Keshini is also a member of Resolution, which encourages family solicitors to adopt a conciliatory approach wherever possible.
Keshini can communicate in the following languages:
- Tamil (fluent)
It’s not all about work
Keshini is a Chopra-certified Meditation and Vedic Yoga Teacher, and she integrates this mindful and holistic approach into all aspects of her work as a Family Lawyer. Her ethos is to balance professionalism with a humanistic attitude, which invariably produces better and more rewarding long-term outcomes for her clients.
Keshini also undertakes voluntary work at various private hospitals in North London, supporting therapists with in-patients who have suffered from trauma and PTSD.